By using the Website, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them. You should read and familiarise yourself with these Terms and Conditions prior to using the Website.
If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the Website.
Applications and Registration
- 1. All applications to participate in the Unique 11 must be made online on the Unique 11 website at www.the-draft.com and strictly in accordance with the relevant instructions. No applications to enter made in any other manner will be accepted. Where your application is accepted, you will become known as a 'Player' in the terms below.
- 2. Entry into Unique 11 is open to both UK and non-UK residents. Please see terms 24-28 if you are under 18 years of age, as these are extra terms which will apply to you when playing Unique 11.
- 3. No purchase of any item or service is necessary in order to enter Unique 11 and no payment is required from you to enter Unique 11. The sole consideration required from you is that you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the Unique 11 Rules as defined below at terms 10-11.
- 4. Entries must not be submitted by agents or third parties. No responsibility can be accepted for lost, delayed or incomplete entries or entries not received by Unique 11 for any reason. Any such entries will be deemed void (concerning which the decision of Unique 11 shall be final).
- 5. While there is no limit on the number of entries per household or organisation only one entry in respect of Unique 11 per unique registered user of Unique 11 is permitted (concerning which the decision of Unique 11 shall be final).
- 6. Unique 11 will publish from time to time deadlines by which you must be registered as Players in order to qualify for points awarded in respect of any round of games. Any such information on how and when to enter for Unique 11 forms part of these terms and conditions.
- 7. Unique 11 reserves the right to suspend and delete teams or leagues that contain team names or league names which are deemed to be inappropriate or offensive. Depending on the seriousness of the situation, the user's account may be deleted in its entirety without notice. Any such decision to do so by Unique 11 is final.
- 9. Unique 11 doesn't condone users setting up/joining leagues charging for entry and cannot be held responsible for their management or any loss suffered through users' involvement.
Unique 11 Rules
- 10. Unique 11 will be governed by Unique 11 Rules from time to time published on Unique 11's website. Unique 11 reserves the right to alter, amend or supplement Unique 11 Rules from time to time in its absolute discretion in the event of any circumstances beyond its reasonable control arising or where it considers it desirable to do so. You agree that no liability shall attach to Unique 11 as a result of any such change and so are advised to check Unique 11 Rules regularly from time to time. Unique 11 Rules form part of these terms and conditions.
- 11. Unique 11 will be the sole decision-maker of any matter of interpretation of Unique 11 Rules and any aspect of the content of, or playing of, Unique 11. Unique 11 will not enter into correspondence relating to such matters and its decision as to any matter arising out of or in connection with Unique 11 Rules including but not limited to the allocation of points to any Player and/or the award of any Prize and/or any ranking or league table shall be final and conclusive.
Prizes and Winner's Details
- 12. The prizes awarded in respect of Unique 11 ("Prizes") will be at the discretion of Unique 11 from time to time and Unique 11 reserves the right to alter and amend the Prizes where circumstances beyond its reasonable control require it to do so.
- 13. The first Prize ("Winner's Prize") will be awarded to the Player who according to Unique 11's determination is at the top of the overall leaderboard published by Unique 11 at the end of the 2013/2014 season. Proof of age will be required for the Winner's Prize.
- 14. If more than one Player is at the top of the final leaderboard, then the winner will be chosen at random by an independent process. Unique 11's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- 15. Prizes are not transferable and are non-exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered in any circumstances.
- 16. Winners will be notified of their success by email the winners' names will be published on Unique 11's website.
- 17. Subject always to term 39 below, Players' names and addresses and the winners' photographic images and their comments relating to any Prize may be used without limitation for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of The Premier League in any and all media worldwide without notice to them and without any fee being paid.
- 18. If you are under 18, then the above Prizes information will apply differently to you should you win a Prize. Please see terms 24-28 below.
- 19. Through the season, Unique 11 is seeking to facilitate a self-moderated discussion group and message board facility for users. Unique 11 does not pre-screen any content posted or disseminated through the message boards.
- 20. Because the message boards are self-moderated, you should understand that when using the Unique 11, you might come across some content which you find offensive or objectionable. If you do come across such content then you are free to register a complaint in relation to this. You should note that the views expressed on message boards are the views of the individual concerned, which may be different to those of Unique 11.
- 21. You are entirely responsible for any messages which you post. You shall be entirely responsible for any losses that Unique 11, or any other users may suffer as a result of any messages you post, or otherwise as a result of your use of Unique 11.
- 22. Generally, you must ensure that you only use the message boards in order to post messages which are (in the reasonable opinion of Unique 11) legal, decent, proper and relevant.
- 23. Unique 11 advises that you exercise caution in revealing any personal information about yourself on any message boards.
Applicants Under 18 Years of Age
- 24. If you are under 18 years of age, then you are welcome to enter Unique 11, but you should carefully read these terms, and ensure that your parent or responsible guardian also does so, before submitting your application.
- 25. You will be eligible to win the Prizes provided:
- that they do not contain cash, and they will in no circumstances be substituted for cash; and
- we receive a note of written consent from your parent or guardian confirming that they were happy for you to play the Game and to receive the Prize.
- 26. You will only be eligible for the Winner's Prize if we receive a note of written consent from your parent or guardian confirming that:
- they were happy for you to play Unique 11;
- that they are happy for you to receive the Prize.
- 27. If you do win a Prize, and if Unique 11 wishes to use any comments, details, or photographs of you, then they will always seek the express written consent of your parent or guardian before doing so.
- 28. If when using the message boards you feel at any time harassed, distressed, or bullied by any of the messages, please immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org and also inform your parent or guardian.
Responsibility and Remedies
- 29. The extent of Unique 11's responsibility to you has been determined in the context of the following:
- Unique 11 is provided to you free of charge;
- message boards are not checked or verified by Unique 11;
- you are responsible for any action you do or do not take as a result of Unique 11 and the information therein;
- you are responsible for ensuring that your equipment is enabled with appropriate up-to-date virus checking software.
- 30. While Unique 11 will endeavour to ensure that the Unique 11 is available to you at all times and that the contents are correct and accurate, it cannot make any legal commitment to you that this will be the case. However, Unique 11 will exercise reasonable skill and care in providing any service to you.
- 31. The Premier League cannot accept any liability to you for any type of loss which you may suffer as a result of your entry to Unique 11:
- 32. Any breach by you of Unique 11 Rules from time to time shall also be a breach of these terms and conditions.
- 33. In the event of any breach by you of these terms and conditions Unique 11 reserves the right to:
- refuse entry to Unique 11;
- disqualify you from Unique 11;
- require any reasonable amendment to your application or entry.
- 34. If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid, or otherwise enforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
Unique 11 reserves the right to change any or all of the information contained in these Terms and Conditions without notice. We recommend that you visit the Terms & Conditions from time to time to remain fully updated.